JUST IN!! Tension In Nigeria As Gunmen Kills Another Five Nigerian Soldiers In Rivers State, 48 Hours After Killing Eight Security Officers
Weetalknaija (WTN) understands the gunmen attacked the camp at Abua, in Abua/Odual Local Government Area on Monday morning.
The development was confirmed to Channels TV by two top security personnel in Rivers State but as at the time of filing this report, the six Division of the Nigerian Army in Port Harcourt is yet to release an official statement.
The latest attack comes barely 48 hours after this online news medium reported an attack by suspected gunmen of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) on two security checkpoints in Rivers State has left not less than eight security operatives dead.
The attack was said to have happened on Saturday evening at about 11.30pm at two joint security checkpoints along the Airport Road, Omahwa in Ikwerre Local Government Area of Rivers State.
Those killed according to reports include two soldiers, three customs operatives, and three police officers.
The gunmen who carried out the attack were said to have been in military uniform, making it difficult for the security operatives to suspect an attack.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution