Kanye West became Forbes’ highest paid hip-hop act for the first time in his career following the top 20 list for 2019 which was released on Thursday September 19.
The list which charted pre-tax income from June 2018 through June of this year, had Kanye West whose Yeezy brand is expected to hit $1.5 billion in sales this year coming out on top with $150 million while Jay-Z took the No. 2 with $81 million.
Kanye sat at No. 10 on the 2018 list with $27.5 million, but his impressive rise in earnings can be attributed to the success of Yeezy, his signature footwear collaboration with Adidas.
Drake took the No. 3 spot on the list with $75 million. Diddy followed shortly behind at $70 million while Forbes newcomer Travis Scott brought in $58 million. Other hip-hop big weights that made the top 10 list include Eminem, DJ Khaled, Kendrick Lamar, Migos, and Childish Gambino.
While Nicki Minaj and Cardi B who took the No. 12 and No. 13 respectively with $29 million and $28 million were the only female artistes in the top 20 list, Russ, Logic, Lil Wayne, Lil Uzi Vert, Birdman, Dr. Dre, and Chance the Rapper were notably absent.
- Massive Recruitment at The World Health Organization
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group