Popular Kenyan televangelist, James Ng’ang’a has been fined by the Communications Authority of Kenya (CA) over a nude content aired on his Sasa TV free-to-air channel.
The General Overseer of Neno Evangelism Centre was fined 1 million shilling (N3.4m) for airing the adult content during hours it was restricted on Live TV. Confirming the “punishment” Pastor James Ng’ang’a was served, CA Director of Public Affairs Chris Wambua said adult content is strictly prohibited on TV between 5am and 10pm. It is also known as the watershed period.
“He has been fined 1 million shilling for continuing to broadcast when a woman’s breast were exposed.
“This happened during the watershed period which is in violation of one of the Communication Authority rules and regulations. He was first issued with a warning which we expected him to stop but he did not,” Wambua explained.
The controversial Kenyan Pastor however defended himself, stating that he shouldn’t be held responsible for what happens during a deliverance service. He further revealed that he is appealing the fine against him.
Here is a video of the “deliverance” session below;
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group