The Divisional Police Officer, Delta State command, who was allegedlykidnapped along Benin-Asaba Expressway on Friday between Onicha-Ugbo and Issele-Uku axis has regained his freedom.A source at the state police command headquarters in Asaba toldThe PUNCHthat the victim was freed by his abductors after paying a ransom of N3 million.The gunmen were said to have shot indiscriminately before whisking the victim away to an unknown destination.
The victim, whose name was givenas Mr. Okoro is in charge of GalileePolice Station, Ute-Ogbeje community in Ika North East Local Government Area of the state.He reportedly regained his freedom on Sunday after the negotiated ransom was dropped ata designated location for the abductors to pick.The Commissioner of Police Delta State, Mr. Adeyinka Adeleke, however, denied the incident and the subsequent payment of ransom.He said it was the DPO’s friend, who was kidnapped.He added that he had been in touch with the DPO and that the police does not support the payment of ransom for kidnap victims.
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager