The Kogi State House of Assembly has impeached Deputy Governor, Simon Achuba.
The impeachment is coming barely few hours after a seven-man panel investigating allegations of gross misconduct leveled against the deputy governor, submitted its report to the state assembly.
Chairman of the panel, Barrister John Baiyeshea on Friday led six other members of the panel to submit the report to the Speaker of the State House of Assembly, Kolawole Matthew, at the State House of Assembly in Lokoja.
The Kogi State House of Assembly had earlier commenced impeachment process against Achuba over alleged acts of gross misconduct.
Daily Trust had reported that that the move was amidst the lingering feud between the governor and his deputy which heightened the suspicion that he might be impeached before the end of their first tenure.
Majority Leader of the House, Abdullahi Bello, representing Ajaokuta state constituency, had at a plenary read a petition signed by 21 out of the 25 members of the assembly.
Parts of the petition read: “We the members of the Kogi State House of Assembly have in the past few weeks and days watched keenly the actions and utterances of the Deputy Governor of Kogi State, Elder Simon Achuba both in public and national television with regards to the government of Kogi State, the governor of Kogi State and other key officials of the state government especially the allegations of crimes, financial misappropriation and non-performance levelled against them.”
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution