Few days to Kogi Governorship and Senatorial election in Kogi State, Apc have extended its stretch of violence from opposition parties to communication firms, mast, facilities and their staff.
Just yesterday, violence took another strange and deadly dimension when APC thugs deployed for Saturday November 16 election ambushed Telecoms maintenance operatives and engineers who went on outage overnight in Okene. They are staffs of IPT Power Tech Nigeria Ltd who are on site maintenance duty.
It is most unfortunate and unprecedented to hear that while those engineers were out to upgrade facilities at their various mast stations, Apc thugs trailed and weylay them, shooting sporadically and have their operational vehicles vandalised.
The attacked engineers escaped only by whiskers.
This is the latest plan in the once upon a time peaceful Kogi State, where APC as a party is hellbent to ensure that all Telecommunications mast and facilities across Kogi State are attacked and closed down starting from Kogi West.
The intention is to established a No-Network – Situation on November 16, 2019 election day, while voters, parties security agents, INEC staffs, election observers will be incommunicado, while their imported thugs unleash terror on PDP members, voters and INEC staffs on duty to pave way for election rigging by the APC.
Having observed that the people are poised to reject Apc at the poll, they begin to exploit every dubious, violence, criminal and unimaginable means to have their way.
In the light of the above, we once again call on the IGP, to live above the board and quench the rising thuggery activities unleashed on the people by APC led govt in Kogi State, befor during and after this election. We have never had it so terrible and disturbing in our history.
We equally draw the attention of INEC chairman to the fact that this election is a litmus test for the commission for a likely possibilities of 2023 polls.
The safety of INEC adhoc-staffs, party agents, elections observers is sacrosanct and all security agencies assigned for this election must prove their neutrality and competence.
All what PDP and other opposition parties are asking for is a free, fair and credible election.
Ballot remains a peaceful alternative to Bullet.
- Rotary Club Of Calabar -Tinapa Honors Honorable Mrs Blessing Egbara With A Meritorious Award (Photos)
- School Reopening: Wike Talks Tough, Vow To Sanction Schools That Violates COVID-19 Protocols
- Trouble Looms In Nigeria As 36 State Governors Drag Buhari To Supreme Court
- BREAKING!! Lawmaker Cries To Buhari As Herdsmen Takes Over His Community
- CRIME WATCH: N2.67Billion School Feeding Funds Found In Private Accounts – ICPC
- University of Agriculture and Environmental Science Recruitment 2020 for Academic & Non-academic Staff
- Phillips Outsourcing 2020 Bank Contact Center Agents Recruitment (1,000 Openings)
- First Bank Recruitment 2020 for Graduates (4 Positions)
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Virgin-Landmarts
- Jobs in Nigeria for Data Entry Clerk at The Center for Community Health and Development International 2020