Kwara State Governor, AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq paid an unscheduled visit to the Kwara State Library Complex in Ilorin for personal assessment of their facilities, resources and services. The governor, who since his assumption of office in May has adopted a new style of leadership was at the facility in the early hours of Monday to assess the condition of the state library unannounced.
AbdulRazaq’s new philosophy of leadership has reawaken the commitment to work on the part of the Civil Servants in the state; government workers now resume early to work, close at the appropriate time and are more dedicated to their assigned duties.
Having been to many public facilities across the state to ascertain the level of rot, the unrelenting governor deemed it fit to visit the state library complex and what he discovered was nothing different from what’s in public knowledge to be an eyesore.
On getting to the facility, the governor met a group of physically challenged staffers of the library complex whom in his usual style, interacted with. One of the physically challenged staff who took his time to take the governor through how they operate one of the machines, lamented non-availability of required facilities necessary for day-to-day operations.
He said the multipurpose machine, a personal belonging, was brought into the Library complex for use as there are not enough machines for smooth running. He went further, revealing to the governor that virtually all what they use are made available by themselves. He decried the non-availability of books and other learning and teaching materials.
Governor AbdulRazaq promised that the Kwara state government under him will critically look into the challenges facing the Library with the hope to take it to a standard that will encourage learning and make Kwarans compete favorably with their contemporaries globally.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021