From January 13, it will become an offence to use polythene bags or any form of nylon in some areas of Lagos State.
It was gathered that the policy will later spread to the entire state after a pilot scheme from government premises.
This is as the Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency (LASEPA) banned all single-use plastics bags, otherwise known as polybag or nylon bag, starting from its premises.
Dr Dolapo Fasawe, the General Manager, LASEPA, disclosed this in a statement on Friday.
Fasawe said that the move was to protect the environment in the face of global warming and to encourage eco-friendly products.
“From LASEPA premises, the ban on use of nylon bags will spread to other government premises, and later to the whole state,” Fasawe said.
Fasawe called for the use of suitable and multiple alternatives to prevent pollution and avoid disposal problems.
”The agency will be providing multiple cloth bags to all staff within the first week of implementation to substitute old unfriendly materials.
She however said, “after, same bags can be purchased at the agency’s reception at a minimal fee.”
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022