Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu on Tuesday joined youths protesting against police brutality and extortion under the aegis of #EndSARS.
Weetalknaija.com.ng gathered that the Governor stated that the safety of everyone involved in the peaceful protests across Lagos is important and he is in constant communication with the Lagos Commissioner of Police, IGP and the President.
Similarly, the House of Representatives at the opening of plenary on Tuesday honoured Nigerians who lost their lives in the ongoing protests against the Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the Nigeria Police Force.
The Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila, noted the interventions by the House, the disbandment of SARS by the Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu; and the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).
Gbajabiamila said the names of slain protesters should be compiled while the House makes provisions for the compensation of their families in the 2021 Appropriation Bill.
The Speaker also called for a one-minute silence in honour of those killed during the protests, which was observed by the lawmakers.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Kaduna State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2021