Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu unveiled the first electric car in Nigeria on Friday. The electric car, which is aimed at reducing the cost of petrol and some other resources, finally stepped out after so much expectation.
The Governor of Lagos State, who engineered it out, said that the car was a tecnnology kept inside darkness from people until he now finally unveiled it.
The Hyundia Kona car is a rechargable device manufactured by Stallion Group with a speed level of 482km.
When the Governor was uncovering the car, he commented on it as a total freedom from the obstacles of petrol funds. He saw it a future that we awaited and finally came to relieve us from the pressure of petrol and oil.
“The future that we see is the future of technology and this is the technology that we are talking about.This is 21st Century technology that has been brought into our country.
“With an innovation of Hyundai Kona, we do not need to put the pressure on what is the pump price of oil again, what is the pump price of petroleum again.”
He also saw it as an investment that can only get blossomed if the government can partner with it.
“This is the first electric car that we are seeing and we as the government needs to partner with them,” he said.
In addition, the Governor called it an establishment only if allowed to gain solid ground, it will provide oppurtunities for youths.
Also, he promised to partner with Ibile Oil and Gas and other private companies to provide charging points in the state where people can always come to charge the cars.
The car is expected to be charged for 9hrs 35mins and meant to walk a distance of 482 km before it can be recharged.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health