A rickety passenger follow veered off the tracks throughout the Agege, Mangoro house of Lagos throughout the early hours of Thursday, January 10, 2019, with casualty figures however to be ascertained on the time of submitting this story.
Social media prospects say web site guests alongside the Ikeja-Along—Iyana Ipaja axis has come to a standstill by way of the push hour frequent commute.
A coach or two have been photographed crashing off the observe into the neighbourhood beside it, with preliminary research suggesting that the derailment may have hit a few people. Newspoint Media is unable to substantiate this bit of information at the moment.
Train derailment in Lagos, Nigeria’s monetary nerve center, is sort of frequent.
On November 16, 2017, a follow derailed throughout the Abattoir house of Agege, injuring many and leaving scores lifeless.
On July 20, 2018, a follow rammed proper right into a Danfo bus that had abruptly gotten in one of the simplest ways, killing on the very least 9 people.
Nigeria, Africa’s largest financial system, is bedeviled by crumbling transport infrastructure in inside cities and all through states.
Most of the tracks and trains crisscrossing the Nigerian panorama are decaying and have barely been maintained given that ‘60s.
The President Buhari administration is specializing in revamping Nigeria’s accident prone, outdated rail transportation system.
- Medical and Quality Assurance Officer at National Health Insurance Provider Company
- Business Developer at International Bridge Education
- Senior Accountant at Daystar Power Group
- Secretary at Benvigo Outsource
- Customer Service Representative at Yellownose Investment Limited
- TTS Nigeria Sales Head at Citibank Nigeria Limited
- Asset and Inventory Associate at Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation