Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard has insisted that he would not convince the Blues stars, Tammy Abraham and Fikayo Tomori to choose Nigeria over England and vice versa.
According to Lampard, the decision to play for either Nigeria or England depends on Abraham and Tomori.
”On their [Abraham and Tomori] international futures it is not my place to tell them what to decide. I never would do with a player,” Lampard told reporters on Tuesday ahead of Chelsea’s UEFA Champions League clash against Lille on Wednesday.
”There is too much more that is important for them individually for them and their families about where they play their football.
“Unless they ask me in a footballing sense and they haven’t. So that’s their choice.”
Lampard added: “Tomori – I worked with him last year.I have a lot of trust in him, that is pretty evident because it was my choice to keep him at the club and not loan him out into the Premier League where he was much wanted by other clubs, because I believe in him.
“It’s a different story for Tammy Abraham. He has been out on loan a lot more scoring goals in the Championship. He has been given his chance this year and has taken it really well, scoring goals.
”Infectious in how he trains around the group with a great personality, giving defenders problems, even against Brighton at the weekend when he didn’t score. His performance was great. Again, like Fikayo, has much to do.”
- Ending Soon : Federal Ministry of Environment Job Recruitment 2021
- Massive Recruitment at The World Health Organization
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company