The Cross River Government has sealed up plans to begin its sensitisation and awareness campaign against Lassa fever in the state following its recent outbreak from her neighbouring counterpart, Ebonyi State.
In a press briefing at the state ministry of health conference room, Calabar, Dr Betta Edu, the state Commissioner for Health, said that the awareness exercise became necessary as nobody knows the next state to follow.
Speaking, Edu said the state government will adopt inclusive media institutions, i.e. television stations, radio stations, and newspapers together with other traditional means of mass mobilization to create proper awareness of Lassa fever epidemic among the rural communities across the 18 Local Government Areas.
Stressing on the need to equip general hospitals across the state with well and accurate facilities, Edu said the state government will be embarking on an aggressive renovation of health care sector in the state.
Honourable Commissioner hinted that the Cross River state ministry of health will be collaborating with Dangote Groups, United Nations (UN) and other agencies in rehabilitating the state health care system.
“I have made several calls across health insurance companies both in the country and in diaspora, I have contacted CEO of Dangote Groups, I have also contacted United Nations (UN) to partner them on reviving our health care system in the state”, Betta Edu added.
Recall that the governor, Ben Ayade had on during the inauguration of his cabinet expressed dissatisfaction with the state of the art at the Calabar general hospital, according to Ayade, “there were days when patients from University of Calabar Teaching Hospital are usually referred to Calabar General Hospital for treatment, but today our general hospitals are moribund, there are death”.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022