Nigerian singer, Burna Boy, has lost out in his category to Angelique Kidjo, a Beninese singer-songwriter, at the 2020 Grammys.
She was announced the winner of the ‘Best World Music Album’ category at the the 62nd Grammy awards, held at the Staples Centre in Los Angeles, in the early hours of Monday.
Kidjo, who secured the win with her project titled ‘Celia’, also gave a shoutout to the ‘African Giant’ crooner while making her speech.
The award ceremony started with a moment of silence for Kobe Bryant, popular basketball star, who died in a helicopter crash on Sunday.
With the nomination, Burna Boy joins the likes of King Sunny Ade, Seun Kuti and Femi Kuti, who had been selected for that category at the Grammy Awards.
– The Cable
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager