According to the health institution in a statement on its twitter handle on Sunday signed by the Chairman of the Medical Advisory Council, Professor W.L Adeyemo entitled: “LUTH successfully delivered a 68-year-old of a twin”, the woman, who gave birth to a boy and a girl through Caesarean Section, conceived the children through In-vitro Fertilisation (IVF).
According to the statement by the hospital, “LUTH has successfully delivered a 68-year-old primigravida (pregnant for the first time) with twin (a male and a female) gestation (pregnancy) following an IVF conception.
She was delivered through an elective Caesarean section at 37 weeks gestation on Tuesday, 14 April, 2020.
“The IVF and embryo transfer were done at an outside facility. She was thereafter referred to LUTH at early gestation and subsequently managed till term.
“This is the first in LUTH, Nigeria and Africa! Mothers and babies are well.”
- Delta State Ministry of Technical Education Massive Recruitment Graduates
- Urgent Vacancies in Warri for Receptionist and Laundry Man
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst