The House of Representatives has revealed that the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) is allegedly still operating on the 2018 budget approved by the National Assembly.
Chairman of the House Committee on NDDC, Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, made the revelation at the inaugural sitting of the committee in Abuja.His words: “As we speak, the commission is yet to submit its 2019 appropriation to the National Assembly for approval in line with the Act that set it up, not to talk of the 2020 estimate.
“Today is October 9 and the commission is yet to bring the budget for the 2019 fiscal year not to talk of the 2020 which Mr. President submitted before the Assembly on Tuesday. What has the commission been operating with?”
On the way forward, he promised that the committee would seek to improve its budgetary and oversight processes to curb corruption and waste, ensure fiscal discipline and promote good governance inline with the laws of the land.
Besides, the red chamber yesterday confirmed Adeleke Adewolu as an Executive Commissioner of the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) amid uproar from a section of the legislators.
Some South East senators had raised objections to the confirmation, drawing the Senate’s attention to the absence of a representative from the region on the NCC board.
This comes as the chamber considered and adopted the report of the Oluremi Tinubu-led Committee on Communications at plenary.Francis Onyewuchi (Imo East), citing Section 14(4) of the 1999 Constitution (as commended), had called for the report to be stood down pending when there was a nomination to fill the slot of the South East geopolitical zone.
Senators Uche Ekwunife and Rochas Okorocha spoke in same vein.The presiding officer, Lawan, consequently directed the panel to review the list of NCC’s executive commissioners with a view to addressing the alleged marginalisation.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021