A Human Rights Lawyer, Dr Kayode Ajulo has threatened to sue the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) over the usage of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) members to conduct elections.
Ajulo on Friday in Abuja stated that the usage of corps members by INEC was towards the legislation.
Ajulo stated that he was towards corps members getting used to conduct elections, including that the legislation establishing the scheme frowned towards it and should be stopped forthwith.
He stated that he would sue the electoral umpire if the usage of corps members weren’t jettisoned.
The human rights lawyer stated this towards the backdrop of reported killings of corps members in some a part of the nation throughout the Feb. 23, Presidential and National Assembly elections.
He decried the numbers of corps members who died throughout the train, including that if these corps members had been from these localities, they’d not have been killed.
“If there’s any space you need me to advise INEC is to cease utilizing the NYSC members, notably the youth corps member that don’t even know the terrain.
“You can see the variety of youth corps member that died and I imagine if these corps members had been from these localities they’d not been slaughtered.’’
Ajulo stated that INEC ought to discover a approach of getting advert hoc employees with out participating corps members, stressing that there have been lots of youths roaming the areas that may very well be educated and engaged.
“If truly, INEC wants youths to assist as advert hoc employees, nothing stops INEC from recruiting on the outset people throughout the locality.’’
According to him, the NYSC legislation didn’t assist that corps members be used to conduct elections, the legislation banned them from taking any jobs which have remuneration.
“Once you might be in nationwide service, you aren’t presupposed to take any remuneration other than allowance, so by doing that, INEC is violating the legislation.’’
Ajulo referred to as on INEC to overview that a part of utilizing corps members to conduct elections.
- BREAKING!! Fresh Crisis Looms In Rivers As Wike Asks LG Chairmen, Youths To Fish Out IPOB Members
- HOT! House-To-House Search Continues In Calabar As Police Arrest Mastermind of CICC Looting, Recover over 1,000 Chairs, Others
- HEALTH: Follow These Steps To Avoid Infections After A ‘Skin To Skin Sex’
- Update: Cross River Governor Reviews Curfew From 4pm To 8am Daily
- Hungry Policeman Caught On Camera Running Away With Looted COVID-19 Palliative (VIDEO)
- Latest Job Opportunities at Total Secure Nigeria ( 3 Positions )
- Current Job Vacancies at Services Beverages Africa Limited
- Job for Bid and Tender Admin at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL)
- Job for Contract Admin Personnel at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL)
- Job for Local Content Analyst at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL)