Lazy People Think Every Rich Man Is Corrupt- Atiku
Former Vice President and Chieftain of All Progressives Congress (APC), Atiku Abubakar, took on his critics yesterday, asking them to provide proof of allegations of corruption against him.
“If anyone has evidence against me, tender it now or shut up forever,” Mr. Atiku told his critics.
In a statement issued in Abuja, Atiku advised his self-righteous political enemies to either prove his alleged corrupt activities or mind the skeletons in their own closets and keep quiet.
He also said he would fight corruption like never before if he was given the opportunity to preside over the affairs of the country.
The statement said Atiku spoke during a facility tour of the new ultra-modern Yaliam Press Limited in Jabi Area of Abuja.
“It is sickening to continue to regurgitate allegations of corruption against me by people who have failed to come forward with a single shred of evidence of my misconduct while in office,” he said.
“People who have no initiative, personal resourcefulness, and ideas about wealth creation, always assume that a man cannot build himself without stealing.”
“People who are bereft of ideas about entrepreneurial spirit always think that everyone else is a thief like them.”
He added that it was morally offensive for people who despised honest labor to become judges in the courts of public opinion.
The Waziri Adamawa explained that though he had not been convicted of corruption by any court in the land or elsewhere, his political enemies had been parading a fake morality to fool gullible Nigerians.
“Despite previous desperate efforts to link me with corruption, the William Jefferson trial in the United States ended in 2009 without indicting me or linking me to corrupt activities,” he said.
Atiku, who was responding to the welcome address by the Chairman/CEO of Yaliam Press Limited, Yahaya Ali Amfani, recalled that he posted a reminder at his bed rest during his training as a Customs officer that he (Atiku) would retire from any agency if he had not attained the headship of the place at the age of 40.
Atiku said that he was only able to attain the position of deputy director before his exit in 1989 to chart a career in business. Atiku told the management and staff of Yaliam Press that he retired from the Customs service with an untainted record, stressing that if anybody had evidence that he stole a kobo at the Customs or during his tenure as Vice President, such accusers should come forward or file a petition against him.
Atiku said he didn’t become a vice president in 1999 as a pauper, noting that he had been a successful investor throughout his retirement life.
“If Atiku is a thief merely because of his resourcefulness and successful investments, my political enemies should tell Nigerians the sources of their own stupendous wealth,” he added.
- Rotary Club Of Calabar -Tinapa Honors Honorable Mrs Blessing Egbara With A Meritorious Award (Photos)
- School Reopening: Wike Talks Tough, Vow To Sanction Schools That Violates COVID-19 Protocols
- Trouble Looms In Nigeria As 36 State Governors Drag Buhari To Supreme Court
- BREAKING!! Lawmaker Cries To Buhari As Herdsmen Takes Over His Community
- CRIME WATCH: N2.67Billion School Feeding Funds Found In Private Accounts – ICPC
- University of Agriculture and Environmental Science Recruitment 2020 for Academic & Non-academic Staff
- Phillips Outsourcing 2020 Bank Contact Center Agents Recruitment (1,000 Openings)
- First Bank Recruitment 2020 for Graduates (4 Positions)
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Virgin-Landmarts
- Jobs in Nigeria for Data Entry Clerk at The Center for Community Health and Development International 2020