Legendary latin singer, José José, best known as “the prince of song” has died at the age of 71.
The Mexican singer who was one of the most popular singers in Latin America died on Saturday, September 28, in the United States after a long battle with pancreatic cancer.
José, whose real name was José Rómulo Sosa Ortiz, reportedly began to experience vocal problems in 2000 and lost his voice several times, which left him unable to perform. In March 2017, he confirmed that he was hospitalized after losing weight, which revealed a small tumor in his pancreas.
Born in Mexico City in February 1948, José had his first big break in 1970, when he represented Mexico at the Latin Song Festival II, the predecessor to the annual OTI Festival. His song, “El Triste,” finished in third place to a standing ovation and was a huge success in Mexico.
According to bnonews, José sold tens of millions of albums around the world, including 7 million units of his 1983 album “Secretos.”
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution