There was panic in the Alimosho and Ifako-Ijaiye Local Government Areas of Lagos State on Saturday afternoon as hoodlums took to the heavily residential areas to rob citizens and loot shops in the local markets, www.weetalknaija.com.ng gathered.
This happened as the 14-day lockdown order of the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari(retd.), to curb the spread of COVID-19 enters day 12 in Lagos State and Ogun State.The two affected local governments in Lagos are the surburbs of the state with Ogun.
The PUNCHgathered that some shops in the Jankara market in the Ifako Ijaiye Local Government Area were looted by the hoodlums.Our correspondent also gathered that residents of Meiran and Agbado witnessed the presence of the hoodlums, who carted away prized items.Confirming the incident, Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Bala Elkana, told our correspondent over the phone that arrest is being made in respect to the crime.
He said some of the locations where the incident happened fall under the jurisdiction of the Ogun State Police Command but the Lagos State Police Command has deployed its officers to the affected areas.He said, “Those social miscreants create a scene and pretend to fighteach other but we have deployed our officers round to deal with them.
.“A lot of arrests have been made and I will give more updates as soon as I get further reports.“We are working with the Ogun State Police Command on that and operations is ongoing.“Some of the affected areas fall under Ogun and Lagos but we are working with the Ogun Division already because crime has no boundary.”
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Kaduna State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2021