A man and his wife have named their twin babies Corona and Covid after welcoming the babies during the coronavirus pandemic.
An Indian couple have done the unthinkable by naming their newborn twins as Corona and Covid, names connected with the pandemic raging in the world. For the couple based in Raipur, in the state of Chhattisgarh, the two words may evoke fear and devastation to the world. But for them, they symbolise triumph over hardship.
The names remind them about all the hardships they overcame amid the lockdown, to have a successful delivery of the babies in the night of March 26-27 at a government hospital.
“I was blessed with the twins, a boy and a girl, in the early hours on March 27. We have named them Covid (boy) and Corona (girl) for now,” Preeti Verma, the 27-old mother of the newborns, said in a report by The Hindu. “The delivery happened after facing several difficulties and therefore, me and my husband wanted to make the day memorable.
“Indeed the virus is dangerous and life-threatening but its outbreak made people focus on sanitation, hygiene and inculcate other good habits. Thus, we thought about these names,” she said, giving reasons for their unusual decision.
“When the hospital staff also started calling the babies as Corona and Covid, we finally decided to name them after the pandemic,” she said.
The couple, originally from Uttar Pradesh, reside in a rented house in the Purani Basti area of the state capital. However, they said they may rename their kids in the future
- Delta State Ministry of Technical Education Massive Recruitment Graduates
- Urgent Vacancies in Warri for Receptionist and Laundry Man
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst