Malian soldiers have arrested the country’s president, Ibrahim Boubacar Keita and Prime Minister Boubou Cisse.
Soldiers earlier on Tuesday rounded up senior government and military officers in Kati town and elsewhere.
There are scenes of thousands of citizens cheering the ouster.
Crowds are jubilating at Independence Square in Bamako, Mali, and other places.
For nearly three months, demonstrations demanding for Keita’s resignation were held.
Dozens lost their lives, a situation that worsened the crisis.
Keita’s removal comes amid the intervention by the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).
Leaders met late July but failed to achieve a truce.
ECOWAS insists it could no order a sitting president to vacate office.
In July, the United Nations (UN), European Union (EU), African Union (AU) condemned government’s use of lethal force on protesters.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health