A magistrate court sitting in Isolo has sentenced a 24-year-old man, Joseph Ogala, to seven years imprisonment for smashing bottle on the head of a colleague.
The defendant, a security operative, who, according to the prosecutor, Inspector Oje Uagbale, had on Saturday, August 31, 2019, after a quarrel between himself and the victim, Inupe Santos, had been amicably settled, took a bottle and smashed it on his head, making him to be unconscious.
In his words, “On the said day, Joseph (the defendant) and the victim, both who were security operatives at Anite Crescent, Okota, had a quarrel which was settled by their supervisor, Mr. Erimake John. However, after some minutes, Joseph picked up a bottle and hit it on Santus’s head, inflicting injury on him which made him to lose his consciousness.”
He explained further that the victim was rushed to a hospital from where he was transferred to another hospital before finally being taken to Isolo General Hospital where he was admitted and put under intensive care.
He said Ogala was later arrested and handed over to the police at Isolo Police Division on Monday, September 2, 2018 before being charged to court.
Having pleaded guilty to the offence punishable under section 245 of the Criminal Laws of Lagos State of Nigeria 2015, the Magistrate, Hon Olufunmilayo Teluwo sentenced him to seven years imprisonment without option of fine.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group