A Kaduna Chief Magistrates’ Court, on Tuesday, ordered that a 30-year-old labourer, Abubakar Danlami, be remanded in a correction facility for allegedly defiling an eight-year-old girl, pending legal advice.
The Magistrate, Mrs Hajara Dauda, who did not take the plea of the Danlami , ordered the police to return the case file to the State Director of Public Prosecutions (DPP) for legal advice.
“Because of the sensitivity of the case, it is difficult to grant bail. The case file should be duplicated and sent to the Office of the DPP for advice,” she said.
Dauda then adjourned the case until Sept. 27, for mention.
The police accused Danlami, who resides at Dan-Alhaji Road Barnawa Kaduna, of raping a minor.
Earlier the Prosecution Counsel, Insp. Sunday Baba told the court that the complainant, Ibrahim Abdullahi, who resides in Nariya Igaba LGA, Kaduna State, reported the matter at the Kabala West Police Station on Aug. 26.
Baba alleged that the suspect lured the girl into an uncompleted building and raped her, NAN reports.
He stated that after the act, the defendant then gave the girl N100.
Baba said the offence contravened the provisions of Section 207 of the Kaduna State Penal Code Law, 2017.
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )