A man identified as Donatus, has been arrested by police for allegedly stabbing one Ugonabo Chisom to death over a bottle of beer at a joint in Ejigbo area of Lagos State.
It was gathered that the suspect reportedly murdered the victim after he used a long knife to stab him on the neck and back.
The victim was said to have been bleeding profusely, rushed to an undisclosed hospital, where he eventually died and that the corpse has been deposited in a mortuary for autopsy.
Donatus was said to have met one man and his sister at a beer joint and demanded that the man should buy him a bottle of beer.
It was reported that the man declined the request, which led to a disagreement and later degenerated into a fight at the joint.
The man reportedly called another man (the deceased), who was at home and informed him about what was happening.
The late Chisom was said to have gone to the joint with four other people to actually ascertain what was happening before the suspect, who engaged them, then used a knife to stab the deceased and escaped.
The suspect was unaware that he had murdered the victim until police operatives led by the Ejigbo DPO, CSP Olabisi Okuwobi, trailed and eventually arrested and detained him at the station.
The suspect admitted that he stabbed the victim but did not know that it would cause his death due to anger over a bottle of beer.
The DPO said the suspect would be transferred to the Homicide Department at CID Panti, Yaba, Lagos, for further investigation, adding that the suspect would be charged to court for necessary punishment according to the law.
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) Recruitment 2021 for a National Programme Officer
- NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship Award List 2020/2021
- Latest Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- International Medical Corps Job Recruitment ( NGO Jobs in Nigeria )
- Employment Opportunities in a Reputable Financial Institution