The Edo state police command has arrested a 44-year old man identified as Edoghogho Omorogbe, for killing his mother in law, sister- in- law and a six- month old baby.
The killing occurred on September 10 at their residence at Iguadolor Community in Ovia North East local government area of Edo State, and the mutilated bodies of the deceased identified as Mrs. Alice Omorogbe 52, Mrs. Blessing Efe 25 and her baby were discovered the following day.
Edoghogho who spared a 2-year-old girl while carrying out the attack, said he was angry with his in-laws for hiring boys to beat him whenever he has issues with his wife.
“I am a tipper driver but since the rains started I was doing menial jobs.
“I killed them out of annoyance because my mother -in- law used boys to beat me up. She would say I am talking to my wife. If I quarrel with my wife, she will send boys to beat me up.
“I didn’t know the cutlass will meet the baby. After I killed them, I ran away. Later I came out and went to tell my father what I did. I have not seen my wife since I killed her mother and sister.”
The Edo State Police Commissioner, Danmallam Abubakar said the arrested suspect will soon be charged to court.
- Ending Soon : Federal Ministry of Environment Job Recruitment 2021
- Massive Recruitment at The World Health Organization
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company