An Ebute Meta Chief Magistrates’ Court in Lagos State on Friday ordered that a 40-year-old man, Udoh Okon, who allegedly defiled a three-year-old girl, be remanded in a correctional centre.
Okon is charged with two counts of defilement and assault, NAN reports.
Chief Magistrate, Mrs Adeola Adedayo, ordered that Okon be remanded in Ikoyi Prison, pending when the case would be filed at the Special Offences and Sexual Court, Ikeja.
Adedayo adjourned the case until Oct. 21 for mention.
The Prosecution Counsel, Insp. Chinalu Uwadione, told the court that the defendant allegedly committed the offence on Sept. 26, at about 6 p.m., at No. 35, Oladehinde St., Itire, Mushin.
He said the offence contravened the provisions of sections 137 and 263 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
The defendant, however, pleaded not guilty to the charge.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022