Man sets self ablaze in Ebonyi, says he is tired of hardship
Chinedu Nweze, a man in his late 30s, in Ebonyi State, has set himself ablaze out of frustration.
The incident which took place beside one of the classroom blocks at St. Patrick Primary School, Kpirikpiri, on Saturday, attracted many sympathisers.
An eyewitness who pleaded anonymity, said a man whom she described as her neighbour at Umuoghara village, Ezza North Local Government Area of the state, said the victim sometimes manifested mental illness but noted that no one thought it would lead to suicide attempt.
Nigerian Tribune also gathered that Nweze before setting self ablaze, had tied both legs with a rope, before he poured petrol all over his body.
A container with a substance suspected to be petrol and a box of matches used in the act were discovered on the spot where Nweze was wriggling in pain.
However, the police who got a distress call arrived at the scene and acted promptly by taking Nweze’s body to Federal Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki, where he is currently receiving treatment.
•Sourced from a Tribune report
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- Magu Cries Out, Says He Didn’t Tell The Panel That He Gave Osinbajo N4Billion
- N4Billion Saga: You Must Resign First Before You Take Me To Court — Ude Tells Osinbajo
- BREAKING!! Tinubu Receives Another Big Blow As APC Disqualifies His Candidate In Ondo
- BREAKING!! Lawyer Accuses FBI, US Govt Of Kidnapping Hushpuppi From Dubai (Read Argument)
- Cross River Youth Council Hails Imoke @59
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on