Leicester City have agreed a deal to renew James Maddison’s contract, keeping him at the club until 2024 after months of talks with their star man.
Manchester United have previously shown an interest in the England international, but he has committed his future to Brendan Rodgers’ side in a deal worth around £110,000-a-week ($140,000).
That puts him alongside Jamie Vardy as one of the Foxes’ top earners, but only adds an extra year to his contract which was due to expire in 2023.
It is understood that Maddison has long agreed to commit to his future at the King Power Stadium, but the details have only just emerged with no official announcement having yet been made.
United have long switched focus from signing Maddison to their priority target, Borussia Dortmund’s Jadon Sancho, who is interested in moving the talks forward having seen Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side qualify for the Champions League.
The Old Trafford club confirmed their status in next season’s competition by beating Leicester 2-0 in their final Premier League match of the season thanks to goals from Bruno Fernandes and Jesse Lingard.
Leicester ended the season finishing fifth after spending most of the 2019-20 Premier League campaign among the top four, and will now play next season in the Europa League.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health