Manchester United players were not happy with manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, over his decision to make Axel Tuanzebe captain against Rochdale, in the Carabao Cup on Wednesday, according to the Daily Mail.
Senior players like Paul Pogba, Sergio Romero, Phil Jones and Jesse Lingard all started at Old Trafford, but were overlooked for the armband.
Academy graduate Tuanzebe, who was raised in Rochdale, played the full 90 minutes and Solskjaer reserved special praise for the defender after the final whistle.
Assistant Manager, Mike Phelan, informed the 21-year-old he would skipper the side just before kick-off and the decision is understood to have shocked certain members of the United’s squad.
It “was not met with universal approval” and “raised eyebrows” inside the changing room.
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022