Manchester United manager, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, is confident the club can convince David de Gea to sign a new contract.
Widespread reports at the end of last season, claimed the Spain goalkeeper was close to signing a new six-year deal.
But Solskjaer has admitted he is in the dark about how negotiations are going.
De Gea’s current deal expires at the end of the season and by January, he can begin to discuss with foreign clubs.
“I am very – well – I am pretty confident it will get sorted. He’s not said anything to me other than he loves this club and wants to stay here, and he’s had a fantastic time.
“You need to ask David and the club [how conversations are going]. I’ve not been involved in the discussions. So let’s just hope we get it over the line.
“He can see what we’re doing here. We want the best players here and the ones we want – most of the time – stay. There aren’t many that we want to keep that we don’t manage to.
“I am confident we will manage to convince David that here is the future for him – and a successful future,” Solskjaer said ahead of the Premier League visit of Leicester on Saturday.
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line