The Court of Appeal in Abuja has upheld the victory of Kayode Fayemi of the All Progressives Congress (APC) within the final governorship election held in Ekiti State
A 3-man panel of the court, in unanimous judgment on Thursday night, dismissed the appeal by the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and its candidate within the election. Kolapo Olusola, for missing in benefit.
The court upheld the January 28, 2019 judgment of the Ekiti State Election Tribunal, which sat in Abuja owing to drawback of insecurity in Ekiti State.
The tribunal had, in its judgment, upheld Fayemi’s victory and dismissed the petition by PDP and Olusola on the grounds that they did not show their allegations, amongst which was that the election was marred by irregularities.
Justice Stephen Adah, who learn the lead judgment, resolved the seven points, recognized for dedication, in favour of the respondents – Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), APC and Fayemi.
Justice Adah, on the graduation of proceedings, at round 7.05pm, famous that the day was quick spent and elected to learn a abstract of the lead judgment.
After asserting that the seven points have been resolved in opposition to the appellants, Justice Adah proceeded to uphold the sooner judgment of the tribunal.
He subsequently dismissed the appeal for missing in benefit.
Other members of the panel: Justices Tinuade Akomolafe Wilson and Emmanuel Agim agreed with the lead judgment.
The proceedings lasted lower than 30 minutes
- Cross River Governor, Ben Ayade Presents 54 Ford SUVs To LG Chairmen
- OCTOBER 1: President Buhari To Address Nigerians From Eagle Square
- Breaking!! Confusion As Lagos Govt Cancels Independent Day Celebration
- HOT! We Don’t Want Godfathers For Our Governor — Oba Of Benin Warns Wike
- BREAKING!! Akeredolu Will Lose Ondo Governorship Election Gallantly, Except — Popular Pastor Predicts
- BBC Recruitment 2020 for for an Editor, Gist Nigeria
- International Organization for Migration Jobs for Graduates
- World Bank Recruitment 2020 for a Graduate Administrative Assistant in Nigeria
- Current Job Vacancies at Virgin Forest Energy Limited
- Engineering Jobs in Nigeria at Saipem Contracting Nigeria Limited (SCNL)