Mass Jubilation As Appeal Court Affirms Gov. Kayode Fayemi’s Election
The Court of Appeal in Abuja has upheld the victory of Kayode Fayemi of the All Progressives Congress (APC) within the final governorship election held in Ekiti State
A 3-man panel of the court, in unanimous judgment on Thursday night, dismissed the appeal by the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and its candidate within the election. Kolapo Olusola, for missing in benefit.
The court upheld the January 28, 2019 judgment of the Ekiti State Election Tribunal, which sat in Abuja owing to drawback of insecurity in Ekiti State.
The tribunal had, in its judgment, upheld Fayemi’s victory and dismissed the petition by PDP and Olusola on the grounds that they did not show their allegations, amongst which was that the election was marred by irregularities.
Justice Stephen Adah, who learn the lead judgment, resolved the seven points, recognized for dedication, in favour of the respondents – Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), APC and Fayemi.
Justice Adah, on the graduation of proceedings, at round 7.05pm, famous that the day was quick spent and elected to learn a abstract of the lead judgment.
After asserting that the seven points have been resolved in opposition to the appellants, Justice Adah proceeded to uphold the sooner judgment of the tribunal.
He subsequently dismissed the appeal for missing in benefit.
Other members of the panel: Justices Tinuade Akomolafe Wilson and Emmanuel Agim agreed with the lead judgment.
The proceedings lasted lower than 30 minutes
- Vacancy for Personal Assistant at Empire Trust Microfinance Bank
- Ongoing Job recruitment in an Indigenous Non-Profit and Non-Governmental Organization
- Good News As Atiku Abubakar Commence Massive Recruitment weeks after sacking over 400 Staff
- 2020 Massive recruitment at American University of Nigeria
- Nigeria Centre for Disease Control, NCDC Recruitment How to Apply Now!
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- FG Approves Establishment Of 12 Research Centres of Excellence In Nigerian Universities
- Kogi: We Must Reclaim Our Stolen Mandate — PDP Gives Musa Wada Hope
- 2023: Will Atiku Take Another Shot At The Presidency, What Are His Chances Of Wining?
- Serious Trouble In NDDC As Akpabio, Ex-NDDC Managing Director Fight Dirty
- Lockdown: One Feared Dead As Police, Thugs Ransack Ogun Community
Share this post with your Friends on