The Kano state chapter of the Nigerian Medical Association (NMA) says 34 doctors have tested positive for COVID-19 in the state.
Sanusi Bala, the Kano NMA chairman, confirmed the development to NAN on Tuesday, adding that one of the cases has died.
Bala explained that many of the victims were doctors working at the Aminu Kano Teaching Hospital (AKTH) and private clinics in the state.
According to him, many of them were infected through normal clinical routines while attending to unsuspected COVID-19 cases.
He emphasised the role of the association to ensure protection of its members and appealed to authorities to provide more protection for doctors through procurement of personal protective equipment (PPEs).
– The Cable
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Kaduna State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2021