In a bid to show concern and to prevent the worst, the Middle Belt Movement for Justice and Peace (MBMJP) has appealed to the Federal Government to resolve issues with the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) in order to prevent another youth protest.
According to the spokesman for MBMJP, Comrade Joe Bukka, he defended that the students have lost a whole session to an unresolved issue between the failed government and lecturers which might evetually provoke the youths to start a new protest.
He also described the total closure of all institutions in the country as a regretful shame on the Nigerian University system and the government.
Comrade stated in a call at Makurdi yesterday that “my fear is that our students have become worried and agitated over this continued closure of the schools given that they have already lost one session to the strike”.
“I plead with the federal government to resolve this matter quickly so that it does not became another reason for a protest by the youths.”
He added that he never expected the strike would still linger till this moment and that he thought the #EndSARS protest would put an end to it.
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Finance Manager at FHI 360
- Latest Job Vacancies at Marriott International
- NGO Jobs in Nigeria for Program Officer at Catholic Relief Services
- Latest Career Opportunities at Interswitch Group