By Taiwan Adebulu
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) says the petition filed by Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), weren’t signed by a authorized practitioner licensed to practise in Nigeria.
Atiku had filed a petition earlier than the presidential election tribunal to problem the reelection of President Muhammadu Buhari.
Atiku’s authorized group is led by Livy Uzoukwu with 31 different legal professionals.
In its response as the primary respondent within the case, INEC mentioned the petition was not signed by a authorized practitioner enrolled within the Supreme Court of Nigeria..
The electoral physique mentioned the outcomes Atiku claimed to have polled have been “invented” solely for the petition, including that it by no means transmitted outcomes electronically.
“That the Petitioner’s Petition, List of Witnesses and List of Documents as filed are incompetent and ought to be struck out as same were not signed by a legal practitioner enrolled in the Supreme Court of Nigeria and licensed to practise in Nigeria,” learn INEC’s response to Atiku’s petition.
Speaking with reporters in March, Uzoukwu had mentioned the authorized group of the PDP presidential candidate had ample reality to again its case.
The electoral umpire, nonetheless, prayed that the petition be struck out for lack of competence.
- Ending Soon : Federal Ministry of Environment Job Recruitment 2021
- Massive Recruitment at The World Health Organization
- Nigerian Navy Reference Hospitals Housemanship / Internship Programme 2020 / 2021
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Reputable Manufacturing Company
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company