More trouble for Atiku as INEC claims Atiku’s lawyer not licensed to practise in Nigeria
By Taiwan Adebulu
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) says the petition filed by Atiku Abubakar, presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), weren’t signed by a authorized practitioner licensed to practise in Nigeria.
Atiku had filed a petition earlier than the presidential election tribunal to problem the reelection of President Muhammadu Buhari.
Atiku’s authorized group is led by Livy Uzoukwu with 31 different legal professionals.
In its response as the primary respondent within the case, INEC mentioned the petition was not signed by a authorized practitioner enrolled within the Supreme Court of Nigeria..
The electoral physique mentioned the outcomes Atiku claimed to have polled have been “invented” solely for the petition, including that it by no means transmitted outcomes electronically.
“That the Petitioner’s Petition, List of Witnesses and List of Documents as filed are incompetent and ought to be struck out as same were not signed by a legal practitioner enrolled in the Supreme Court of Nigeria and licensed to practise in Nigeria,” learn INEC’s response to Atiku’s petition.
Speaking with reporters in March, Uzoukwu had mentioned the authorized group of the PDP presidential candidate had ample reality to again its case.
The electoral umpire, nonetheless, prayed that the petition be struck out for lack of competence.
- Current Job Recruitment for Bank Tellers in a Top Leading Mortgage Bank in Lagos
- Academic / Non-Academic Staff Recruitment at Admiralty University of Nigeria 2020
- Nationwide Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Multipro Consumer Product Limited (Tolaram Group)
- Current Job Vacancies at Medexia Limited 2020
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- HAPPENING NOW!! Calabar Popular Market Currently On Heavy Fire
- EXPOSED!! $1.3m United States Mansion Purchased By Ex-Oyo Governor, Ajimobi, In 2016 Uncovered
- BREAKING!! Hushpuppi To Face 20-Year Jail Term In US (Read Full Details)
- More Revelations: How Hushpuppi Scam Premier League Club Of $124 Million
- BREAKING!! PDP Appoints Wike As Chairman Of Edo Gov’ship Election Campaign
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on