Former Super Eagles captain and Chelsea midfielder, Mikel Obi, says he will love to return to the London as an assistant to current Chelsea manager, Frank Lampard, once ends his playing career.
In an interview with Trabzonspor magazine, Mikel admitted that he would love a reunion with his former teammate adding that they have both discussed future plans when he retires.
“I’m very happy for him,” Mikel said.
“We knew that Frank Lampard and John Terry would be very important managers, but as teammates we first thought that John Terry would come to this level.
“Frank Lampard took a big step. The fact that the club brought a legendary player to the head of the team was an indication that he was taking great steps towards becoming a family club.
“I met him and wished him success.
“I even told him I was going to be his assistant manager when I retired.
“I hope he will succeed for many years, because it makes me very unhappy to see him leaving Chelsea.”
Mikel left the Stamford Bridge in 2017 to seal a move to Tianjin TEDA in China making a total of 31 appearances scoring three goals in the process.
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment at Food Concepts Plc
- Latest Job Recruitment at Hilton Worldwide
- Latest Recruitment at APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited
- Job Employment Opportunities at the African Union
- New Job Recruitment at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL)
- Latest Jobs in Nigeria in an Oil and Gas Company
- Job Recruitment at the United Bank for Africa Plc