An Ibadan-based salesman, Subar Ibrahim, on Wednesday prayed a Mapo Customary Court in Ibadan to dissolve his three-year-old marriage with Rukayat, on the grounds of infidelity and threat to life.
Ibrahim narrating his ordeal before Chief Ademola Odunade, the President of the court alleged said that he had explored all other possibilities of changing his wife, but she has not changed, NAN reports.
The complainant, said, ”Before the birth of our child, I caught Rukayat in a compromising position with the man she last dated before me.
“She said that she did what she did because she wanted to find out the reason why she has not been able to get pregnant in a long while.
“I was sad at first but she apologised and I forgave her. I also kept it a secret between us.
“I later realised that Rukayat continued to bring different men to my home each time I travel on business trip to Kano State.
“Rukayat has also exhibited her jealous spirits on many occasions. She has called my boss and female colleagues in the office, cursing and embarrassing them.
In her response, the defendant opposed the suit, but did not react to most of the allegations levelled against her.
But speaking, Rukayat, who resides in Oke-Ado area in Ibadan agreed that she has many male friends on Facebook.
“Please, I have nowhere to go, don’t separate us,” Rukayat pleaded.
However, Odunade dissolved the union, adding that Rukayat could not prove her innocence.
He awarded custody of the one-year-old child to the defendant and directed the plaintiff to pay N5,000 as the child’s monthly feeding allowance.
- Urgent Vacancies in Warri for Receptionist and Laundry Man
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited