N7.65bn fraud : Please don’t handcuff me in public, convicted Orji Kalu begs prison officers
Former Governor of Abia State, Senator Orji Uzor Kalu, who bagged 12 years in prison for fraud to the tune of N7.65bn, was heard begging the prison warders, after his sentencing, not to handcuff him in public.
Kalu, who is the Senate Chief Whip, also asked the prison officials “Where are you taking us to?”
The PUNCH reports that, as Kalu and his co-defendants were being removed from the dock by prison officials, they attempted to handcuff him.
The former governor, who appeared shaken, said, “Where are you taking us to now? Please, don’t handcuff me. I will follow you.”
Two unidentified women were also seen weeping as Kalu was being led away.
READ ALSO: Court sentences Orji Uzor Kalu to 12 years imprisonment
Kalu’s associate, Udeogu, was sentenced to 10 years in prison, while the company which was used in perpetrating the fraud, Slok Limited, was ordered to be wound up by Justice Idris Mohammed.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- PLEASE HELP!! A Lady I Met At A Bar Refused To Leave After Spending 2 Days In My House – What Should I Do
- BREAKING!! Thugs On Rampage In Edo Ahead Of Governorship Election, See What They Did This Time
- EXPOSED!! Stop Arguing, See Real Reason President Buhari’s Wife, Aisha, Travelled To Dubai
- US Boils As Donald Trump Evacuated After White House Shooting
- BREAKING!! Normalcy Returns To Nigeria As FG Orders Civil Servants On Levels 12 And 13 To Resume
Share this post with your Friends on