N700m Fraud: Court Adjourns Ize-Iyamu’s Case To October 15
A Federal High Court sitting in Benin has adjourned to October 15 the N700 million money laundering case filed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) against Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu and four others.
Other defendants in the case are; a former chairman, Edo State Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Dan Orbih; state PDP chairman, Tony Aziegbemi; a former Deputy Governor Lucky Imasuen, and Efe Anthony.
N700m fraud: Trial of Edo APC governorship candidate suffers setback
N700m fraud: Judge threatens to revoke bail condition for Ize-Iyamu, others
Ize-Iyamu, who is the governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), was alleged to have illegally received a public fund to the tune of N700 million for the purpose of the 2015 general election.
The case was, on July 7, adjourned to Tuesday following the inability of the 1st defendant (Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu) to appear in court due to ill health.
Counsel to the defendants had earlier filed a preliminary objection challenging the jurisdiction of the court to entertain the suit.
At the resumed hearing, the EFCC’s counsel, Ahmed Imoovba, sought an extension of time to enable the commission file its reply to the objection.
Justice Umar Garba granted the anti-graft agency seven days to file a reply as the court will soon embark on vacation.
He, however, adjourned the case to October 15, for further hearings
Subscribe to Blog via Email
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services LLimite
- BREAKING!! Nigerian Govt Fixes Date For 2020 Common Entrance
- Cross River Govt Unveils List Of Abated Taxes, Levies
- BREAKING!! President Buhari Told To Stop Banks From Selling Airtime
- DO YOU AGREE? Once A Married Man Start Cooking For His Wife, He Has Lose His Dignity As A Man
- I Was Repeatedly Raped, Forced To Have Sex With My Brother – Ebonyi Kidnap Victim
Share this post with your Friends on