Natural Disaster To Hits Cross River — NEMA
By Kingsley Agbor, Ikom, Cross River
The iconic leadership of Hon. Kingsley Egumi, the Chairman of the Ikom Local Government Council of Cross River State, has once again touched the lives of over one thousand residents of Ikom who have been affected by natural disaster. Families from flood-affected villages received food and non-food items from NEMA thanks to the efforts of the Ikom Council Boss.
Families were tearful as they parted with bundles of zincs, ceiling boards, mattresses, rice, nails, blankets, and other items at the Ikom Council Secretariat in Cross River State over the weekend. Nkonfab, Akorofono, Nkwande, Okuni, Afi, Abinti, Adijinkpo, Akam, Akparabong Yala Nkum, and other communities benefited.
During the occasion, Mr. Tepikor Godwin, a representative of NEMA’s national director and south-south coordinator, informed the audience that Cross River State is one of the states in Nigeria that is expected to experience a natural disaster due to flooding. He encourages Cross River residents to be vigilant and take precautions to guarantee their safety.
In his remarks, Honourable Kingsley Egumi, the executive chairman of Ikom council, advised the beneficiaries to make good use of the distributed items and thanked President Muhammadu Buhari of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the State government for supporting the program and ensuring that it was accessible to the victims.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Abia State Government Recruitment 2021/2022 | How to Apply Online
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates