New Minimum Wage : What I Expect From Workers – Buhari
President Muhammadu Buhari has challenged Nigerian workers to justify the signing into law of the new N30,000 National Minimum wage by showing more commitment to their work.
The president stated this shortly after signing the national minimum into law in Abuja on Thursday.
He also enjoined the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) to show more understanding of the current socio-economic situations in country.
He said: “I expect them (workers) to be more committed to their work at whichever level.
“I will like the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) to look at the economic situation of the country, the population, the poor infrastructure that we are trying to fix in terms of roads, rail and power.
“So, I wish Nigerian workers the best of luck.”
The Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Matters, Ita Enang, had earlier told State House correspondents on Thursday in Abuja that the implementation of the N30, 000 minimum wage just signed into law by President Buhari would take effect from April 18.
According to him, the bill now makes it mandatory for employers of labour in both public and private organisations to pay N30, 000 as minimum wage.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOU
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment –3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment at Oyo state civil service commission
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
Subscribe to Wee Talk Naija via Email
From Wee Talk Naija
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s, they do not reflect the views of Wee Talk Naija. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
VIDEO OF THE MONTH: CORONA PALAVAR
MUST WATCH: AKPAN & ODUMA
- NDDC Fight: Nothing Should Happen To Our Daughter — Wike Sends Strong Warning To Akpabio
- American Court Denies Hushpuppi Bail, To Remain In Prison
- BREAKING: Police Seize Magu’s Official Bulletproof Vehicles, Seal Office
- We Are Not Safe – Nigerians Reacts As 602 Ex-Boko Haram Members Are Set To Be Freed By FG
- C-River School Of Nursing Sciences Graduates Will Now Participate In NYSC — Govt
See more posts about
Share this post with your Friends on