Rt. Hon. Hilary Bisong, Member representing Boki 2 State Constituency in the Cross River House of Assembly has congratulated Boki sons and daughters worldwide on the celebration of the 2019 New Yam festival holding today (August 18).
Bisong, who described the festival as a cultural rebirth, re-union and celebration of the “New Yam” as the king of crop, said that Boki was blessed with mass fertile land for agricultural produce.
According to the lawmaker, the celebration would also foster peace and unity in Boki, noting that the festival had always attracted deserving Boki sons and daughters at home and in the diaspora for the occasion.
He used the occasion to commend farmers who have kept the occasion alive by producing yams for the celebration.
He prayed to God for a bountiful harvest on the side of the farmers, saying that God will bless the fruit of their hands.
He called for a peaceful celebration among the youths, thereby urging them to shun all forms of violence within the period and beyond.
- Rotary Club Of Calabar -Tinapa Honors Honorable Mrs Blessing Egbara With A Meritorious Award (Photos)
- School Reopening: Wike Talks Tough, Vow To Sanction Schools That Violates COVID-19 Protocols
- Trouble Looms In Nigeria As 36 State Governors Drag Buhari To Supreme Court
- BREAKING!! Lawmaker Cries To Buhari As Herdsmen Takes Over His Community
- CRIME WATCH: N2.67Billion School Feeding Funds Found In Private Accounts – ICPC
- University of Agriculture and Environmental Science Recruitment 2020 for Academic & Non-academic Staff
- Phillips Outsourcing 2020 Bank Contact Center Agents Recruitment (1,000 Openings)
- First Bank Recruitment 2020 for Graduates (4 Positions)
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Virgin-Landmarts
- Jobs in Nigeria for Data Entry Clerk at The Center for Community Health and Development International 2020