Rt. Hon. Hilary Bisong, Member representing Boki 2 State Constituency in the Cross River House of Assembly has congratulated Boki sons and daughters worldwide on the celebration of the 2019 New Yam festival holding today (August 18).
Bisong, who described the festival as a cultural rebirth, re-union and celebration of the “New Yam” as the king of crop, said that Boki was blessed with mass fertile land for agricultural produce.
According to the lawmaker, the celebration would also foster peace and unity in Boki, noting that the festival had always attracted deserving Boki sons and daughters at home and in the diaspora for the occasion.
He used the occasion to commend farmers who have kept the occasion alive by producing yams for the celebration.
He prayed to God for a bountiful harvest on the side of the farmers, saying that God will bless the fruit of their hands.
He called for a peaceful celebration among the youths, thereby urging them to shun all forms of violence within the period and beyond.
- Urgent Vacancies in Warri for Receptionist and Laundry Man
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited