President Muhammadu Buhari has acknowledged his intention to probe the spending of the $16 billion Independent Power Project executed by the administration of former President Olusegun Obasanjo.
Buhari who made the disclosure mentioned he had earlier in his administration complained in regards to the earlier governments’ spending on energy which didn’t lead to enchancment within the sector.
He mentioned: “When we got here in 2015, we assured Nigerians of satisfactory safety, financial system and infrastructures, we additionally promised to make people occupying govt positions each in federal and state governments to be accountable to the people.
Fighting corruption has been very tough, however we’re dedicated and decided. There was no energy provide, however we’re bringing it again.
“The previous government mentioned on their own that they had spent $16bn on power, but the question is: where is the power? Where is the money spent? We will follow them and eventually, God willing, we will get them and will get our money back.”
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021