President Muhammadu Buhari has acknowledged his intention to probe the spending of the $16 billion Independent Power Project executed by the administration of former President Olusegun Obasanjo.
Buhari who made the disclosure mentioned he had earlier in his administration complained in regards to the earlier governments’ spending on energy which didn’t lead to enchancment within the sector.
He mentioned: “When we got here in 2015, we assured Nigerians of satisfactory safety, financial system and infrastructures, we additionally promised to make people occupying govt positions each in federal and state governments to be accountable to the people.
Fighting corruption has been very tough, however we’re dedicated and decided. There was no energy provide, however we’re bringing it again.
“The previous government mentioned on their own that they had spent $16bn on power, but the question is: where is the power? Where is the money spent? We will follow them and eventually, God willing, we will get them and will get our money back.”
- BREAKING: Buhari Reappoints INEC Chairman, Mahmood Yakubu
- #EndSars: Raging Hoodlums Storm Church, Loot Food Items, Others
- BREAKING!! WTO’s Council To Officially Announce Okonjo-Iweala’s Choice As WTO DG Today
- SHOCKING!! Dogara Directs Immediate Release of Arrested Looters of His Residence
- BREAKING!! Normalcy Returns To Lagos As Sanwo-Olu Orders Full Reopening of All Markets
- Recent Job Vacancies in a Leading E-Commerce Retail and Distribution Company
- Current Job Vacancies at Fan Milk Plc
- Job Vacancies at The Nigeria Union of Pensioners (NUP)
- Dangote Cement Plc Recruitment 2020 for Graduates [33 Positions ]
- Food Concepts Plc Management Graduate Trainee Recruitment ( Food concept Recruitment 2020 )