In reaction to the President’s renaming of Abuja International Stadium as Moshood Abiola International Stadium on Wednesday, Senator Shehu Sani has advised President Muhammadu Buhari to use projects constructed under his administration to immortalize heroes, if need for such arises in the future.
Shehu Sani gave the counsel in a post via his official Twitter handle.
OLIKA REPORTERS recall that the stadium was constructed under the government of former President Olusegun Obasanjo.
Sani, who said that it was vital to commend Obasanjo for building a project worthy of being renamed to immortalised a democratic hero, advised Buhari to ensure in the future he used a project completed by his administration to do such immortalization.
Senator Shehu Sani
It’s important to appreciate ex President Obasanjo for constructing a stadium in Abuja befitting of being renamed to immortalize a democratic hero.I will also advice this administration to henceforth use its own completed project for ‘any more immortalization’
Buhari had made the announcement during his speech at the first Democracy Day in Nigeria to be marked on June 12, the day 1993 presidential election, supposedly won by the late Abiola was conducted.
Then Military President, Ibrahim Babangida, had annulled the election and Abiola died while struggling to reclaim his supposed stolen mandate.
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group