Nigerian youth international Kelechi Nwakali will hopefully be able to return to his Portuguese club soon, according to the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF).
The 20-year-old midfielder, who is on loan at Porto from Arsenal, has been stranded in Nigeria for a month after playing for the country’s U-23 team in a 2020 Olympic Games qualifier.
According to the BBC, officials have confirmed that Nwakali was in Portugal on a single-entry visa and now needs a renewal to return after he played on 25 March. However, the process is taking longer than they hoped.
“The federation has been working hard to get his visa sorted as quickly as possible, but it’s taken longer than expected,” NFF’s director of communications Ademola Olajire told BBC Sport.
“We hope it will come out after the Easter break to enable Nwakali return to Portugal.”
Nwakali was one of the stars of Nigeria’s 2015 U-17 World Cup winning team and he was signed by Arsenal the following year.
He has been on loan in the Netherlands and joined Porto’s B side earlier this season, making 16 appearances in the second tier of Portuguese football. (BBC)
•Photo shows Kelechi Nwakali
Source Daily Sports
- Insurance Advisor at Leadway Assurance Company Limited
- Senior Sales Engineer in an Indigenous Engineering and Construction Services Company
- Sales Executive (Foods and Beverage) at Willers Solutions Limited
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at FHI 360
- Recent Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Dealership Company
- Admin Assistant at Jed Airlines
- Store Clerk – Golden Pasta at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc