A Nigerian Air Force (NAF) helicopter crashed in struggle on Wednesday evening time whereas providing shut air assist to troops of 145 Battalion at Damasak in Northern Borno State.
Air Commodore Ibikunle Daramola, Director of Public Relations and Information disclosed this, nonetheless he did not disclose the model of the helicopter or what variety of personnel had been inside it on the time the crash occurred.
Nigerian Air Force has over a dozen of Russian made helicopters, MMil Mi-17 and Mil Mi-24 fashions. Nigerian Air Force Agusta 106 Light Utility Helicopter crashed into lagoon Daramola talked about the aircraft was involved inside the ongoing counterinsurgency operations inside the North East.
“The incident, occurred about 7:45 pm today, 2 January 2019. Details of the cause of the crash are still scanty”, he talked about. “As soon as the details of the crash are known, they will be made available to the public”, Daramola added.
The loss occurred hours after Daramola educated the nation that The Air Task Force (ATF) of Operation LAFIYA DOLE destroyed a developing getting used as meeting venue by Boko Haram fighters near Baga in Northern Borno State.
“The attack”, he talked about, “was conducted 1 Jan 2019, after series of Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) missions confirmed that the building was being used as an assembly point by the terrorists. Consequently, the ATF dispatched a NAF Alpha Jet aircraft to attack the building.”
“A direct hit was recorded on the target leading to significant damage to the structure and neutralisation of the occupants”, he added.
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Jhpiego Recruitment for Knowledge Management and Communications Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021