Weetalknaija Daily Post can authoritatively report that, the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) has threatened to shut down the economy if the federal government refuses to reverse the recent hike in petrol price and electricity tariff in 14 days.
The NLC president, Ayuba Wabba, said this at the end of the NLC’s central working committee (CWC) meeting on Wednesday in Abuja.
Mr Wabba said workers and Nigerians are disappointed that the government decided to increase both the price of fuel and electricity tariff at a time “other countries across the world are giving palliatives to their citizens to cushion the effect of COVID-19.”
Electricity distribution companies had hiked their tariffs from about N30.23 to about N62.33 per kWh for Nigerians after the federal government said it would no longer subsidise electricity consumption.
Also, the price of petrol increased from about N145 to about N161 per litre.
– Premium Times
- Delta State Ministry of Technical Education Massive Recruitment Graduates
- Urgent Vacancies in Warri for Receptionist and Laundry Man
- Current UBA Bank Recruitment For May 2021
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst