Nigeria has recorded 146 new cases of the novel coronavirus, bringing its total infections to 4,787
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) in a tweet late Tuesday confirmed the new cases.
Of the 146 cases, the health agency said 57 were from Lagos, 27 from Kano, 10 in Kwara, nine in Edo, eight in Bauchi, seven in Yobe, and four each in Kebbi and Oyo states.
Other states with new cases include Katsina and Niger, each with three cases, the quartet of Plateau, Borno, Sokoto, and Benue, with two cases each; posting one case each were Gombe, Enugu, Ebonyi, Ogun, FCT, and Rivers states.
While the coronavirus has no definite cure yet, the number of successfully managed cases in the country rose to 959, the NCDC said. However, eight more deaths were recorded, putting the virus’s total toll at 158.
Earlier on Tuesday, the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19 assured Nigerians that the possible cure being procured from Madagascar would undergo the necessary checks to ensure its efficacy and safety for human consumption.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Restaurant Management Trainee Program at Sundry Foods Limited – 9 Openings
- Job Vacancies at Joemarine Nautical Company Nigeria Limited – 20 Openings
- World Bank Group Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at International Breweries Plc
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Kaduna State Ministry of Health Recruitment 2021