The Super Eagles are planning to go all out as they target their fourth continental crown in Egypt.
Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr revealed that his side are aiming to score more goals and will play offensive football at the Africa Cup of Nations finals.
The three-time African champions have included nine forwards in their 23-man squad list for the biennial showpiece.
Changchun Yatai’s Odion Ighalo leads the frontline with Ahmed Musa, Samuel Chukwueze, Moses Simon, Henry Onyekuru, Alex Iwobi, Samuel Kalu, Paul Onuachu and Victor Osimhen all included.
Despite settling for a goalless draw in their build-up game against Zimbabwe last Saturday, Rohr sees the available options upfront as an opportunity for the team to switch tactics during play and also give chance for fresh legs.
“We have a lot of strikers which means we want to score more goals and play offensive football, we also have good defenders,” Rohr told Goal.
“Some of our strikers could play in the midfield or in the plan 3-5-2 on the side, so it is good to have the opportunity to change in our offensive methods.
“We have quickness and ability to change in the offensive department, We can also give them the chance to rest.”
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited
- Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line
- Customer Success Executive at Interswitch Group
- Career Openings at FBNQuest Merchant Bank