Nigerian Army Captain who was kidnapped along with others few days ago in Auga-Akoko in Ondo State have regained their freedom on Wednesday.
Captain Gana was traveling from Abuja to Ibadan when gunmen accosted and abducted him.
Confirming his release, spokesman of the Ondo State Police Command, ASP Tee-Leo Ikoro, said the victim was rescued on Wednesday evening close to the border between Ondo and Edo states.
Also, the Spokesperson of the Nigerian Army 32 Artillery Brigade, Akure, Captain Ayorinde Omojokun confirmed the release of the officer to Channels Television.
Although the abductors were said to have demanded 20 million naira from the family, Captain Omojokun, however, said a combined team of army and other security agencies rescued the victim, without paying any ransom.
Omojokun noted that security operatives are still patrolling the entire area to apprehend the abductors.
It was reported that the Army Captain was kidnapped along with three others in Ondo State few days ago with a demand for N20 million ransom.
- Chevron Nigeria Limited Graduate Internship Program 2021-2022
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Asset Maintenance Scheduler at APM Terminals
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Asset Maintenance Coordinator at APM Terminals
- Customer Experience Agent at Maersk Line